Gazpacho (vegetable cold soup)
Today we want to share this rich, refreshing, summery and very nutritious recipe, Gazpacho :-) The ingredients include the best spring vegetables from Rota’s farmland, olive oil and country bread. The truth is that when it so warm, as it has been in the last few days, this is the perfect and healthiest drink we can have. At home, my father prepares the Gazpacho with much affection and the truth is that it is always delicious :-) He is the expert in preparing gazpacho at home :-) Well, in the summer when my sister Cristina is at home, she joins my father and both of them prepare a very delicious Gazpacho :-) During the summer season, you can always find cool and refreshing Gazpacho in the fridge, a real luxury. We are happy to share our recipe with you, which we hope you like :-)
- * 5 medium red-ripe tomatoes
- * 2 green “Goat Horn” peppers (Mild, not hot, commonly used in Spain for frying)
- * 1 clove of garlic
- * 1/2 cucumber
- * 1/2 onion
- * 1/2 slice of wet, moistened bread
- * 1/2 cup (125 ml.) Extra Virgin olive oil
- * Salt to taste
- * 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- * 2 1/8 cups (1/2 litre) of cold water.
- * Side dishes for the garnish:
- - 1 tomato, diced
- - 1/2 green “Goat’s Horn” pepper, diced
- - 1/2 onion, diced
- - 1/2 cucumber, diced
- - Croutons
HOW TO PREPARE:
* To begin with we are going to wash the vegetables. Peel the cucumber, onion, and garlic and rough chop all the vegetables.
* Add to the hand blender beaker, first 1/2 cucumber, the green peppers, the garlic, the 1/2 onion and then the tomatoes and the bread.
* We add a glass of water so our ingredients can mix well. We blend to liquefy them.
* Then we add another glass of water and the oil. Continue blending.
* Strain the mixture through a strainer /screen and pour it into a big bowl
* Finally, we add the vinegar, then the salt, and then we will keep it in the fridge very cool until we serve it.
* When it is time to sit and serve it at the table, we will serve it in individual bowls and sprinkle some diced onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, and croutons on top, as we prefer, and really enjoy this refreshing meal.
And ready to enjoy :-) You will see how tasty this Gazpacho is :-) Have a great evening ;-)