HOW TO PREPARE THE RATATOUILLE:
* We are going to peel the tomatoes by first scalding them in boiling water.
* Remove from the water, wait for them to cool down a little, and then peel them (the skin will come off very easily). Then dice them and reserve for later.
* Dice all the vegetables. In an oiled pan on Low heat, we are going to cook all of them very slowly. We will start by first beginning to heat the harder vegetables, (red and green peppers) and continue with the more tender ones, the onion, garlic, zucchini and eggplant.
* Then, when we see that the vegetables are cooked through, we will add the tomatoes and stir.
* We will add salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, and continue cooking over low heat for 30 more minutes. Once everything is cooked, we will keep it for later.
HOW TO PREPARE THE LEGS:
* For our marinade, we are going to squeeze the lemon, strain the juice and pour it in a bowl.
* Then we peel and chop the garlic cloves, add them to the lemon juice with the vinegar, white wine, thyme, oregano, a pinch of pepper and stir.
* We now wash the chicken legs and dry them with paper towels. We will introduce them into the marinade and move them so that the marinade coats the chicken all over.
* We will cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave them to marinate for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
* Now preheat the oven to 355° F (180 ° C). Remove and drain the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade liquid. We will place the Legs in an ovenproof dish, season them with salt and pepper and drizzle them with the olive oil.
* We bake them for 35-40 minutes, and we are going to brush them several times with the marinade while cooking.
And now we are going to immediately serve them, quite hot, accompanied by our rich homemade Ratatouille. But first, with the Ratatouille ready to serve from the skillet, we will add one quail egg per person on top of the vegetables, cover it and let it cook for a few minutes until we see that they are ready, to your liking. We prefer them quite firm.
Now you can see what how tasty this recipe will be :-) Happy weekend to you all.